Â St. Joseph’s Matriculation Higher Secondary School, Salem-6, was started in the year 1958 by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Cluny from France, who landed in India in 1827.
The School had a humble beginning with just one pupil which gradually burgeoned into a full-fledged Institution striking a perfect balance of sound moral education and academic excellence. The school has witnessed 52 eventful years (1958-2010) in its path towards the golden pinnacle. The School takes great pride in educating 2399 students with the help of 75 dedicated members on the staff at present.
St. Josephâ€™s Matric. Hr. Sec. School has successfully completed its Golden Jubilee in the year 2008, rendering 50 years of sterling service for the cause of education, producing meritorious results in the Matric. and Higher Sec. Board Examinations every year. This inspired the school to achieve greater heights which resulted in the launch of its Golden Jubilee project Cluny Vidya Nikethan, and added golden leaf in the annals of the school.
A. Academic Achievements :
- Best School Award by – Lions Club in the year 2004-2005.
By – Win T.V in the year 2006-2007
By – Tamizhan T.V in the year 2007-2008
- Centum pass during the past 18 years consecutively in the Matric Exams.
- Our students have secured District and State ranks in the Matric. & Hr. Secondary Examinations over the years.
- Our School has produced twelve State level players & fifteen National level players in Basket Ball and three State level players in Volley Ball.
- Raja Priyadharshini of Std XI represented the Indian Team at the International Basket Ball Tournament held in Russia, in July 2008 and won the tournament successfully. In 2010 she also represented the Indian team in China.
- Also we have produced three athletes who represented the State in the year 2008 and won the match.
9 Guides and two Leaders participated in the International Guide Camp OLAVE 2006, in London from 24th July to 4th August 2006. The Interact Club of St. Josephâ€™s the First All Girlsâ€™ Interact Club in South Asia, started in the year 1969 (42 years old). The Inter-actors play a vital role in rendering social service to the marginalized.
- The Tamil Nadu Science Forum conducted National Level Childrenâ€™s Science congress and our studentsâ€™ â€œProject on Simulation in Family Planningâ€ was selected for the state level competition.
- Our students participated in the District Level Science Exhibition and presented scientific papers on Tsunami, Rain water Harvesting, Solar Energy and all the three projects won prizes in the year 2007.
Services rendered to the deserved
The School has vivaciously indulged in various Social Service Projects and has lent a helping hand to those in need. Through the Interact Club the school has been instrumental in rendering service in cash and kind to the people in Salem District.
Concession in the school fees is given to a number of deserving students.